Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My life = Period pieces

I absolutely love period films. Absolutely and totally and completely. Austen and Dickens and Bronte and Gaskell adaptations, oh my goodness. In fact, sometimes it feels like all I want to do with my time is watch 5 hour movies. Here are pictures from my favorites:

Pride and Prejudice (1995 version, of course!)
This is probably my favorite overall movie, not just of period pieces.

Wives and Daughters

Little Dorrit

Bleak House

Emma (2009)

Persuasion (1995)

Jane Eyre (2006)

North and South

all pictures (except Little Dorrit ones) from here.

Do you have a favorite period film? Or perhaps a favorite actor (like dear Colin Firth)?

1 comment:

  1. I love Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. This adaptation really got me thinking about period novels and dramas - something in the past I've tended to avoid. Karen.

    ReplyDelete

"Won't you miss me?" you said inside grand central station.