Saturday, May 1, 2010

Dear Audrey

“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”
“I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.”
“My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses.”
“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

Audrey Hepburn is pretty much my hero. What poise! What elegance! What humility! I wish I were more like her, actually. That is not to say I am unhappy with who I am. On the contrary, I love me, but I think that Audrey had many beautiful qualities, and if people would strive to be a little more like her, the world would be a better, much lovelier place.

2 comments:

  1. her charm was nothing like any that I have ever felt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The MOST beautiful woman of all times on Earth!

    ReplyDelete

"Won't you miss me?" you said inside grand central station.